Author Topic: I would like to hear from you opinion about these pictures ?  (Read 458 times)

Offline Jeff Behm

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.behmphoto.com
Re: I would like to hear from you opinion about these pictures ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:29:31 AM »
I'm going to send you a link to the website of one of our members (may not be any longer, but for years he was).  Andrew Davies, of Manchester.  His site is https://photoluminaire.co.uk

My point is, less words, more photos, and only the BEST photos.  People buy with their eyes, but not by using them to read until they get to the money.  First, they have to WANT us more than the competition.  That's in the photos. 

Offline Duck

• Authenticated Members
  • Freelance commercial photographer and instructor
    • View Profile
    • Unitas Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »
Copywriting is an art in itself. You need to maximise the message in as few words as possible while instilling some form of emotional connection. If English is a second language for you that task becomes very difficult and you should consider enlisting a friend's help to get your words organized properly.

I took the top part of your linked page and reworked it some. While I don't profess to be an experienced copywriter, hopefully I have changed your text for the better while maintaining the spirit of which it was written in. Here is the rewrite;

=-=-=-=
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY WORCESTER

Ask me about my wedding photography style I will tell you, "the best images are spontaneous, natural, fun and emotional." I prefer a more candid, journalistic photography style, capturing the right moment as it happens.

I love capturing those special scenes a wedding presents us. Over the years I have had the pleasure of being involved with many families from varying cultures and traditions and have enjoyed them all equally. From small white church weddings to large traditional Asian and Jewish weddings, they have each been a special memory for me. Each new wedding I photograph becomes both enjoyable and interesting for me.

I offer wedding photography services throughout Worcester, Birmingham, Cheltenham, Hereford, West Midlands and Worcestershire. No matter what the theme or venue, I will put my skills to capture your wedding day at its most romantic, exciting and emotional way possible. You and your guests can rest assured that your event will be being photographed in a confident, radiant and simply beautiful manner.

If you would like to see more Wedding Photography from me please visit my Wedding Gallery.
=-=-=-=

Reading it out loud usually helps get a feel for the overall flow and timing. You can also hear where there are too many repetitions, such as your use of the word 'wedding' or 'Wedding Photographer Worcester'. You also need to be careful of certain words like "photograph" instead of "shoot" or "click". In the same line as repetition, often you don't need to write something that is obvious to the reader. Such as 'Top Ten Best Photos'  and 'My Best Photos' in the next line.

Anyway, I hope this helps and feel free to use any or all of the above rework.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:56:50 PM by Duck »
My name is Charles Unitas but friends call me Duck

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."

Offline Nanette Reid

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
    • nanette reid | architectural & interior photographer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
I can only echo the points that Duck and Jeff have mentioned - you're a photographer and imagery is what you are selling. Cut down on the wording (I mentioned that in your other thread) and let your images tell the story!

I also noted that it's called Top 10 Best Photos, yet you have 15. Either drop the T10BP tagline or match what you're selling. Oversights like this show a lack of attention to detail, and attention to details are an important part of photography in all forms.

Of the shots you have on this page, the following are what I would have chosen to showcase:

1 - I like the interaction between the two, but I'd crop the guy on the LHS, he's not important and distracts from the main subject.
3 - This is a really fun "grab shot" and reflects *exactly* what guests are doing these days: selfies with the happy couple.
4 - A really endearing shot - they are having fun! Exactly what your clients are hoping to do too. This shot also needs some cropping at the top - too much space I'd prefer to see the grooms feet (they are there, just hidden by the frame of the larger image.)
10 - Again, this is a great candid shot which could garner more impact by cropping tighter.
13 - This is a good capture of the moment - the LHS arm is rather distracting, if you have one where that arm is further out of frame, it would have even greater impact.
15 - This is another great "moment" - well captured to show the cultural significance of this particular part of the ceremony.

Of the remaining images I chose two to explain why they didn't make the final 10 cut:

9 - A nice standard shot for the album, but doesn't have the "wow" factor to have much impact.
11 - Same as above.

Remember: Less is More.

Don't worry about a Top10 List - you are showcasing your *best* work and if you only feel that you have 8 shots to include in this particular area (Latest Weddings, Favourite Shots etc) then you only use 8. Adding 2 "so-so" shots to make it a Top10 will work against you as those two extras will bring those 8 "wow" images down to the "so-so" level, and you don't want that at all.

If you need any help with wording etc, feel free to drop me a line - sometimes it helps to get another angle on things from fellow professionals who don't have an investment in what is being sold. They can often offer an unbiased opinion to the whole package - often we lose sight of the main points, simply because we've been looking at the images and information we wish to provide for so long. ;D

Offline Duck

• Authenticated Members
  • Freelance commercial photographer and instructor
    • View Profile
    • Unitas Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »
From experience I will tell you this much... I now have a very professional looking website because of the help I received from the members on this forum. In particular, I thank Jeff Behm and Jenny Gavin-Wear for their critical input.

As Nanette mentioned, having another person's point of view is also important as they often can give you an outsider's point of view. Something your customers will have also. It's very easy to get attached or super involved in our own work that we forget to step back a little.
My name is Charles Unitas but friends call me Duck

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."

Offline Tom_Jan

• View Profile
    • tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
Hi guys and thank you very much for info and all
suggestions really appreciate .
 In the near future I will look for someone to help me sorted everything.

Offline Darren Cassese

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fotoglyphics.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 06:39:26 PM »
1) Get rid of the indian wedding photo where the bride has a twisted face.
2) Never show full weddings on your website. If asked for one, you can send a link to one that you think the couple would like. Only put forward your best work. Create highlight galleries from favorite weddings so you are only ever highlighting your very best.
3) I like the blog style you have and it will only help your SEO. But as others have mentioned, you do have to much text. The key text that you need is the text that will help your SEO. Get rid of as much else as possible.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think happy thoughts.  Think happy thoughts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baltimore, Maryland Wedding and Portrait Photographer

Offline Tom_Jan

• View Profile
    • tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:43:03 AM »
Hi several improved on my page already done please tell me what you think ;)
Please forgot a the moment about the grammar will try to sort in the near future ;) 

http://tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk/