Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wedding / Re: Hindu Wedding
« Last post by Jenny Gavin-Wear on March 27, 2017, 05:23:39 AM »
Thank you guys for the all kind comments about my photography I will try my best :)

Very glad to see you reply, Tom!

I'm just up the road from you near Derby ...
« Last post by Tom_Jan on March 26, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »
Thank you guys for the all kind comments about my photography I will try my best :)
Technical / Re: Nice little package, but on the fence on price
« Last post by Jeff Behm on March 25, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »
Well, after waiting for an opportunity to use the Flashpoint AD600 in a working situation, here are some unretouched jpegs from today's shoot.  Model Katie is extraordinary, and the AD600 was able to keep up under conditions I considered to be extreme.  Namely, HSS with my 5DMKIII set for the faster motor drive (up to 7 frames per second).  If you understand what HSS is requiring of a flash, this, to me, is remarkable performance.  I'm shooting in low light, cloudy (about to rain) daylight at ISO 400, 1/500 sec, f4.5 for the black outfit and for the red dress, ISO 800, in heavy shadow, f4 1/400 sec.  Both obviously requiring high speed sync at those shutter speeds, and it didn't miss a frame.  The power settings are 1/128 and 1/128 +.3 through a 36" octobox camera left.  For the red dress, a second light was added for separation; a Canon 580EXII fired through a 20 degree MagMod Grid and MagSphere, to shape and soften, at 1/8 power.  All strobes controlled and triggered from the camera by wireless remotes; the R2 for the AD600, and a Phottix Odin for the Canon.   The main light is from 4-5 feet from Katie.  The series is an example of the consistency maintained throughout high frame rate bursts with HSS.  The HSS did go a tad magenta, but that's an easy correction.
Technical / Re: Computer monitor for LR and PS processing...
« Last post by Jeff Behm on March 25, 2017, 10:12:25 PM »
I use both a Spyder 2 (older computer) and an X-rite ColorMunki (newer computer).  While those are both 23 and 27 inch units, before them I had a Dell FPW 20" that was well regarded and performed admirably until I got the bigger screens.  My FPW was from 2005 but they made them for a while longer. Check them out.  You really must get a calibrator to know that your monitor is mathematically accurate.  Trusting your eyes is incredibly risky when it comes to reliable color correction.
Technical / Computer monitor for LR and PS processing...
« Last post by Bartee on March 25, 2017, 03:05:43 PM »
I need a new monitor that will be true to color.   I don't have a lot of money. 

My computer is windows 10,  Lenovo W530 Maximum external resolution: 2560x1600

I want 27", I am willing to buy used.  Do I I need to buy a spider or X-rite to do real color calibration.

I do not mind buying used. 

What is the latest technology that I should make sure I buy ?
« Last post by Darren Cassese on March 25, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »
Hopefully not just SEO.
« Last post by Jeff Behm on March 25, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »
I won't pretend to know the motive or whether he's using this for SEO, but he appears to be quite a good photographer in the UK with some tremendous landscape work.  Of course the hope is that he becomes a contributing member, but only time will tell.  For those who've tried only the provided links, visit his main site at http://tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk
« Last post by Darren Cassese on March 25, 2017, 06:23:02 AM »
The last several posts like this have been purely SEO. In this case, it seems to be SEO for a wedding genre.

I have some feedback for the OP if he comes back and is interested.
« Last post by Duck on March 24, 2017, 11:40:44 PM »
The site's working for me. It's a little slow in loading images but otherwise haven't encountered errors. He's using Photocrati on WordPress site so I'm wondering if it's having problems downsizing the full res images for display in the carousel. I heard that Photocrati was having some image display issues last year but as I don't use it I didn't really bother with that info. I can't remember where I read it.
« Last post by Jenny Gavin-Wear on March 24, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »
I would like to see your landscape and portrait work, is your website working now, please?
His site's been working. It was the link that was off.

He definitely has some really stunning landscape images. Do have a look. It's worth it.

Some of the images loaded today.  Really fantastic landscape shots!   And then this happened ... no images loading, same for you?

http://tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk/landscape/lake-district/

On portraits i got this ..

Image not found: http://tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/portraits/dynamic/700_6917b.JPG-nggid03989-ngg0dyn-1200x798x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.JPG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10