Author Topic: Zenfoilio question  (Read 643 times)

Offline Joe Federer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.federerphotography.com
Zenfoilio question
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:29:23 PM »
is there a way to know when your gallery is done rendering?

I hate to send a gallery to a client that won't show up due to it not being rendered yet... but I also like to not wait a day.

Offline Jenny Gavin-Wear

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
    • Actor Headshot Photographer
Re: Zenfoilio question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »
is there a way to know when your gallery is done rendering?

I hate to send a gallery to a client that won't show up due to it not being rendered yet... but I also like to not wait a day.

I've been talkinyg to support about this. Apparently we can force a gallery to render by leaving it to run a slideshow.  Seems to work, but I've not timed it.

When they put in the new infrastructure in December this problem is set to be a thing of the past.

I uploaded a video a few days ago and the system told me it would take several hours.  Support told me it was because there were 10 million photos in the queue in front of it!

I suggested that the pro accounts get priority.

Offline Jeff Behm

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.behmphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:30:53 AM »
Agreed, Jenny, pro accounts should be prioritized. I'm guessing the growth of the ZF program has slowed rendering because it was faster a couple years ago.  In answer to Joe's question I notify clients about 4 hrs after. But I'm not often putting up more than 100-200 images. If it was weddings that might have to change.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:49:15 AM by Jeff Behm »

Offline Jenny Gavin-Wear

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »

Would like to know how you get on with a slideshow forcing rendering ?

Offline Joe Federer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.federerphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »
The problem with the slideshow-to-force-rendering (whcih I've also heard from support) is that as soon as the slideshow hits an image that isn't rendered... it stops.  Forcing you to restart the slideshow.

I actually don't mind if it takes time... I just wish I knew how long it would be.  having to manually watch the entire slideshow, myself, just to make sure it works is a huge pain.

Offline Jenny Gavin-Wear

• Authenticated Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »
The problem with the slideshow-to-force-rendering (whcih I've also heard from support) is that as soon as the slideshow hits an image that isn't rendered... it stops.  Forcing you to restart the slideshow.

I actually don't mind if it takes time... I just wish I knew how long it would be.  having to manually watch the entire slideshow, myself, just to make sure it works is a huge pain.

Agree.  Fingers crossed for all this new infrastructure they are putting in place.