Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Anyone subscribe to PDN magazine
« Last post by Sbuchanan on Today at 04:32:19 PM »
I still get it on my ipad. I was a contributor once many moons ago so I seem to keep getting it. For $35 it's fine - but not much more. I get most of my industry news in places like this, and PetaPixel and Fstoppers. I do like how they focus on one area per issue and really do a deep dive. So much of the stuff we get online is very superficial and light on details. Their features tend to do better than that.
« Last post by Duck on Today at 02:39:21 PM »
If I could get a photography magazine subscription for $35/yr here for both print and digital, I'd jump at it.
Let us know what you think. :)
You are so right. I went and subscribed. I'll share my thoughts once I've delved a little into the publication.
« Last post by Nanette Reid on Today at 06:50:35 AM »
(I like to read my magazines in print). :D
This subscription is for a year of both a print and online magazine, a "Smart Strategies" guide and a studio & equipment guide.

The business guide may be of use but I'm not sure if magazine is worth it.

It's $35. I guess I can try it

If I could get a photography magazine subscription for $35/yr here for both print and digital, I'd jump at it.
Let us know what you think. :)
« Last post by Jeff Behm on October 18, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
I too, used to read it, but that was years ago.
« Last post by Duck on October 18, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
(I like to read my magazines in print). :D
This subscription is for a year of both a print and online magazine, a "Smart Strategies" guide and a studio & equipment guide.

The business guide may be of use but I'm not sure if magazine is worth it.

It's $35. I guess I can try it
« Last post by Nanette Reid on October 18, 2017, 03:18:10 AM »
I used to enjoy reading it when I was at college, but that was nearly 20 years ago. I don't now simply due to the cost factor (I like to read my magazines in print). :D
General Discussion / Anyone subscribe to PDN magazine
« Last post by Duck on October 18, 2017, 02:39:17 AM »
I just received a subscription offer for PDN magazine in the mail. $35 for the year as an ASMP member. Anyone here subscribe to it? Is it worth reading? Comments appreciated.
Technical / Re: Calibration and the Web
« Last post by Jenny Gavin-Wear on October 17, 2017, 08:30:54 AM »

thanks for everyone's replies and I'm sorry for posting this so late.

You have confirmed what I have thought all along, but it makes me feel a lot better hearing it from you. 

Thank you :)
Wedding / Recommended pin light setup for weddings?
« Last post by otto on October 16, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »
My friend is asking me what kind of pin light setup I recommend for wedding table/centerpiece lighting. They are small lights usually set up on poles or hanging from the ceiling all over the room. They purpose to light the wedding tables/centerpieces.

Can you recommend me a reliable brand or guide me to the right direction? Thanks!
Technical / Re: 360 product turntable
« Last post by Duck on October 14, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
Plenty of hardware available...
I thought of these too, as I am fairly handy with woodworking tools, but it leads me back to my original problem of wobble and unevenness.
I saw one DIY where they used a car wheel bearing to make a heavy duty turntable and at that scale wobble and unevenness isn't as critical as it is working small.
There are a couple of $80-150 motorized turntables on Ebay but I question the quality at that price level. But then, I also question the quality of the more expensive brands as they may be overpriced for the same, or similar, quality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10