Author Topic: Not a pro just needing information to help learn  (Read 691 times)

Offline altereddezignz

• View Profile
Not a pro just needing information to help learn
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Josh and i am from Arkansas. I tried to start out in the photography work about a year ago when i purchased a D5300 and a couple lenses, flash, cards and other items. Well i left it in my bag one night in my truck and someone decided that they needed it more than me and stole it all after breaking out the window. So here i am again starting over.
Now i am a beginner so take this with a grain of salt please. I have an a6000  that i just purchased but i am also able to get a amazing deal on a very lightly used A7. So i guess here is my question.

Can the A6000 be used alone by itself as a good wedding camera and even camera where some low light shots will take place or would i also be better of buying the A7? The friend who i am looking at possibly buying the A7 from has the FE 28-70 and FE 35 1.8 with the body. I know i would need a longer lens somewhere around atleast 50 or 80 so i am looking at another grand or so far a lens on the A7.

The A6000 i think i can achieve the same bokeh and characteristics of the A7 using a short lens and low F stop but i am really not sure again just a beginner here. The lenses for the A6000 are a lot cheaper but still offer very good lenses.

I had also thought about purchasing another A6000 body and my wife and i could shoot together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New to this. Learning Everyday.

Offline altereddezignz

• View Profile
Re: Not a pro just needing information to help learn
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »
Oh and i am not just looking at wedding stuff just think i would find it fun. Probably not so much to shoot it alone since i know im not good enough yet. Been looking for local clubs but have not had much luck.
New to this. Learning Everyday.